What is Search (E-Learning)
What is Search?
Develop a deeper understanding of search and how it can elevate your data retrieval.
This course is designed for users who will need a foundational understanding of Apache Solr, Lucidworks Fusion, or any other dynamic search solutions. Throughout this course, you will be exposed to useful information that will help you on your search journey! In this course, we will explore the characteristics of Search, including how it works, how it’s different from other data management systems, and what makes it a unique and powerful solution for certain data retrieval issues.
Goal: By the end of this course, you will have a clear understanding of common issues search solves and the fundamental concepts associated with search.
- Describe Data Management
- Differentiate between Search and Databases
- Define Documents as they pertain to Search
- Explain how an Inverted Index works
- Explain Text Analysis
- Define Relevance
- Users interested in search
- Those that are scheduled to take instructor-led training - Fusion Foundations
Duration: ~20 minutes